Wednesday, January 16, 2008

One of my first rapping proteges - sort of



Back in the 90s, I worked at William Morris Agency, a 100 year old talent agency that represented authors, directors, musicians and other entertainers.....I worked in the music department for a while, and spent time working for a legendary music agent named jonny podell...

Jonny asked me a favor - could i record a rap demo of his son for one of his school projects....so jonny and his son cassidy came out to my house (i still lived at home at that time - ahh, to be rent/mortgage free), and we proceeded to record an anti-drug rap called 'drugs are lots of bull'...

anyway, i was eventually dropped by jonny and cassidy - replaced by MC Serch from Third Bass who i think was the act at Cassidy's Bar Mitzvah, and I got over it pretty quick.....

Cassidy has gone on to make a career in music, thanks to/in spite of my early influence.
You can see more about cassidy here...The picture above is cassidy with Puff/P/Diddy/Puff Daddy/P-Diddy

No comments:

Randy Moss - Dominated by Giants!