Monday, October 29, 2007

Matthew "Mick-On-A-Hey" Where are you?

Note: I didn't want to give the sexiest man alive any additional rationale for a swelled head, so i didn't google the right spelling of his name, so the phonetic version is listed above....

I have been a huge fan of Amazon's unbox since it launched...I really believe that this is a sound model for content distribution, and in my own discussions with folks at Amazon, I have basically begged them to show some patience in evaluating the success of the technology....So in short, i am a fan...

on saturday though, decided to try something different and forgo the the re-runs of Law and Order SVU for an Unbox download, "We are Marshall" starring Mr. Matthew Mick-on-a-Hey....Well it has been over 48 hours and I am still waiting....I will of course now contact Amazon support to find out what happened, and try get my 99 cents back, but I have now already been forced to watch Stabler and Bensen yet again track down NYC's slimiest pervs.

While I love the idea of Unbox, there are still challenges - the bandwidth issue primarily as i see it - that will prevent the wide-scale acceptance of this technology. Fiber to the desktop may help, but we're years away from that at grand scale...I am hopeful that Unbox doesn't go the way of "Urbanfetch" before that time.

No comments:

Randy Moss - Dominated by Giants!