Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Netflix/Tivo Integration Arrives


Was happy to find a new menu option on Tivo the other day called "Video On Demand", which now provides users with access to the hyped Netflix integration.
Based on my experience with the Tivo/Youtube integration, had pretty low expectations, but was pleasantly surprised at what I found. The UI was easy to navigate, and because you cannot select content via Tivo - instead you must add titles to your queue from a web browser, it is really easy to navigate in Tivo. (This could also be seen a bit of a drawback as you need to have access to the web to add new content to your Tivo queue, but I got around this by using my iPhone to add titles to my queue while i was watching).

Overall, it was a really good experience...Was able to watch a couple of standard quality programs as well as one HD quality movie. Also cool is the availability of complete seasons of TV programming - broken out episode by episode. I imagine this will cause some problems for iTunes pricing model...For example, I pay about $20 a month for a 3 at a time DVD plan on Netflix...With that, I get (at least today), all you can eat "Watch Instantly" content. If I wanted to watch a season of "The Office" on iTunes, that would run me about $20 on its own...With Netflix, I'd have access to that content as part of my flat fee.

So overall, I think the Tivo/Netflix integration is defintiely promising, and worth checking out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make money online viewing ads. Make money in 24 hours. Perfect home business. http://cityofgold.survey272.hop.clickbank.net/

Anonymous said...

As a Newbie, I am always searching online for articles that can help me. Thank you

Randy Moss - Dominated by Giants!